We are happy to announce that Dr. Eric Blum is now a certified practitioner with Athletic TIPS™ (Towards Injury Prevention in Sports).
Athletic TIPS™ is a not-for-profit, national organization that provides education and drives expanded awareness around the role of multi-disciplinary care in the recognition, prevention, and management of sports-related injuries.
Athletic TIPS™ recognizes the need for education and is prepared to support the mitigation of sports-related injuries nationwide through community-based workshops and grassroots programs that will be conducted throughout the year. With concussions now recognized as a silent epidemic among the nation’s youth, this workshop is of great importance.
Athletic TIPS™ invites community organizations, school teams and amateur youth sports teams – male or female and for every sport. The workshops are for coaches, parents, and athletes.
Workshop topics include:
- Concussion Recognition and Prevention
- Preventing Dehydration and Heat-related Conditions
- Nutrition in Sports Management
- Recognizing, Preventing and Managing Musculoskeletal Injuries
Sports-related injuries account for nearly 8,000 emergency room visits daily — 2.9M per year — and close to 50 fatalities annually, according to expert reports.
Statistics released by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA) reveal:
- Forty-eight youths died as the result of sports injuries in the past year.
- Per year, high school athletes sustain 300,000 head injuries, 90 percent of which are concussions.
- High school athletes account for 500,000 doctor visits and 30,000 hospitalizations each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Workshops will be tailored to your team’s specific needs. They are approximately 30 minutes. We can offer four individual workshops or combine them into a 1-2 hour presentation. Workshops can be done on-site or at our facility. They are free of charge.