Now with Flexion Decompression Therapy, it is actually possible to correct disc herniations and bulges without surgery. It is even possible to halt disc deterioration. The first thing to understand is that Flexion Decompression Therapy is totally safe and is about 90% effective.
- Increases the intervertebral disc height to remove annular tension on the annular fibers and nerve my making more room and improving circulation.
- Allows the nucleus pulposus – the center of the disc – to assume its central position within the annular fibers and relieves irritation of the spinal nerve
- Restores vertebral joints to their physiological relationship of motion
- Improves posture and locomotion while relieving pain, improving body functions, and creating a state of well-being.
Conditions Treated – Non-Disc Related
For patients with other conditions causing back pain (facet syndrome, spondylolisthesis, sprain/strain, scoliosis, transitional vertebra, sacroiliac subluxation, stenosis), F&D Manipulation provides all of the above benefits plus the ability to place the spinal joints into normal, painless movements so as to restore spinal motion without pain.
Here are the steps of Flexion Decompression Therapy:
- The patient is carefully aligned on the Flexion Decompression table.
- The patient then holds the hand grips at the head of the table.
- A strap is attached to the ankles at the foot of the table.
- The foot of the table is lowered to a comfortable position.
- The patient feels a strong, but painless decompression on the lumbar spine from the ankle harnesses at the foot of the table securing the lower half of the body and the upper body being secured by the patient’s grasp on the hand grips.
- The doctor augments the decompression by applying a gentle upward pressure with one hand on the upper lumbar spine. This is called the Decompression Phase of the treatment , and it dramatically reduces the intradiscal pressure.
- The patient is then returned to the neutral position.
- This allows the lumbar spine to relax for 60 seconds
- Then the cycle repeats again
These alternating cycles of decompression and relaxation continue for several cycles resulting in significant yet painless decompression of the lumbar spine.